- Node.JS is an open source, cross-platform runtime environment for server-side and networking applications.
- The Node.JS foundation hosts and supports its work as it is a ‘Collaborative Project’ at Linux Foundation.
- An application’s through put and scalability is optimized as Node.js provides an event-driven architecture and a non-blocking I/O API.
- Real-time web applications, mostly use these technologies.
- Node.JS consists of a built-in library that allows applications that act as a Web server without the use of any software.
- It is one of the best platforms that is working as a server-side platform by many known companies, nowadays.
- Network applications
- Enterprise Web Service
- Realtime Services
- Social Media
- Payment Processing
- The Internet of Things
- Scalable network applications
- Enterprise Application Development